Is there a manual for the courts in processing bankruptcy paperwork?
Following are links to online information about bankruptcy processing in courts of limited jurisdiction (CLJs). Attached at the bottom of this answer are additional documents to aid the courts in filing and processing bankruptcy cases.
Thank you to Jeri Cusimano, Court Administrator for Everett Municipal Court, who sent to AOC material received via a request she made to the DMADMIN court ListServ. AOC also acknowledges the many courts who responded to Jeri's request. This answer leverages the expert knowledge of many experienced court staff in order to benefit all Washington State CLJ courts.
- Key Resource: Manual for Courts of Limited Jurisdiction (Green Book) section 5.8 Bankruptcy.
(Path from Inside Court home page: Court Resources > Manuals > Manual for Courts of Limited Jurisdiction.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington (Seattle).
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington (Spokane).
- PACER Web site home page and CM/ECF Filer or PACER Login screen (if you already have an account)
FAQs in the eService Center for the Courts (from https://inside.courts.wa.gov):
- Answer ID: PACER fees waived.
- Answer ID: Finding the status of a bankruptcy case.
- Answer ID: Handling a case with a defendant in bankruptcy.
FAQS in the eService Center for the public (from www.courts.wa.gov):
Various resource documents shared by courts (listed below) are accessible under the "File Attachments" heading at the bottom of this answer. (Please note: Procedures from courts who were in the process of updating their procedures or who already use the Green Book are not included. The attachments were last updated March 11, 2022.)
Courtesy of Court:
RN id: 2067