What is the difference between the SCOMIS Commands: CHANGE CHARGE and AMEND CHARGE?
CHANGE CHARGE is used to update or change entries on the Charge screen for criminal and juvenile offender cases.
Use the Change Charge command to:
- Correct data on the Charge screen or enter an additional PCN.
- Resolve a case to enter the result for each primary charge in the final set of charges.
- View charges.
AMEND CHARGE is used to amend charge(s) existing on the Charge screen.
- Using the Amend Charge command duplicates the previous charges.
- Enter the new charge(s) and date from the First Amended Information or subsequent Amended Information documents.
- The charge count begins with 1.
For detailed instructions, refer to the SCOMIS Manual, File An Amended Information.
RN id: 2076