How Do I Resolve the Error Received When Uploading an Opinion with a Judge from a Different COA Division?
You may encounter this error while uploading an opinion if a judge from one COA Division (e.g., Division II or III) is sitting on a panel in another Division (e.g., Division I). OnBase recognizes the judge but will not identify them with the temporary division they're sitting in.
- Check the Judge's Division Before Uploading: When attempting to upload an opinion:
- AVOID selecting a judge from Division II or III for a Division I opinion (and vice versa).
- Choose a "Pro Tem" judge from the Judges' list of the respective division for your upload instead.
- Addressing the Error: If you receive the error:
- Confirm the judge's name and their original division.
- Make the necessary adjustments as outlined in step 1.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully upload the opinion without triggering the division-related error.