What new procedures are there in JIS, SCOMIS, and JCS regarding the 2009 law about gambling penalties for minors?
Bill # - SSB 5040 addresses gambling violations for minors.
Summary: A minor who engages in prohibited gambling activities commits a class 2 civil infraction and is subject to a fine, community restitution, and court costs. Juvenile courts have jurisdiction over these violations. Prior to this legislation, courts of limited jurisdiction adjudicated class 2 civil infractions. This legislation requires changes to JIS/SCOMIS/JCS to file a class 2 civil infraction in the S8 Juvenile Offender case type.
- 09C357S2 Minor Playing Authorized Gambling has been added to the SCOMIS and JCS RCW tables for the new section of 9.46 RCW. (Non-Charge)
- New Case Type 8 Offender Class Code CVI- Civil Infraction has been created.
- New A/R Type UGV â Underage Gambling Violation has been created.
- Initiate the case in JIS.
- Verify in SCOMIS.
- JO referral is created in JCS. Juvenile Department changes the JO referral to JI referral.
- On the SCOMIS Basic Screen, enter CVI in the Class field.
- On the SCOMIS Charge Screen, enter the charge as Non-Charge.
- Resolution Use N for Result and enter Result Date.
- Select the correct Resolution Code. (Note: Resolution Codes for CVI - Civil Infraction are pending.)
- Select correct Completion Code.
RN id: 2109