What features are in JRS Version 3.13?
JRS Version 3.13 will be released by June 19, 2008, for courts to install by July 11, 2008. The new transaction codes have been set up for document validation. Update the Tran Code Local table in JRS if your court does not want document validation for the new transaction codes.
The changes for JRS Version 3.13 are:
1507-Fee, Facilitator User
Modified the amount for this transaction code to allow between $0.01 and $9,999,999.99. This new amount meets the requirements of RCW 26.12.240.
1590-Passport Photo Fee
Added a transaction code for receipting a fee charged for providing passport photo services. This was a court request approved by the JIS Codes Committee.
Transaction Codes for Dissolution Proceedings
Dissolution Proceedings-2SSB 5470 (Ch 496, Laws 2007)
This bill was passed in 2007. No funding was provided by the Legislature for these services in 2007 or 2008, which means the services are optional rather than required. Three new transaction codes with future effective dates have been included in this version of JRS.
1517 - Dissolution Mediation Fee
- A court may provide pre- and post-decree mediation at a reduced or waived fee to the parties within one year of the filing of the dissolution petition for issues relating to residential time or other matters governed by a parenting plan.
- Revenue is 100% to the County.
1513 - Dissolution Services Surcharge (up to $20)
1514 - Dissolution Services User Fees
- Upon approval of the County legislative authority, a court may impose a surcharge of up to $20 and/or user fees on cases filed under title 26 RCW. These funds pay for the expenses of the Dissolution Services program. Minimum components of the program shall include:
- An individual to serve as an initial point of contact for parties filing petitions for dissolutions or legal separations under Chapter 26.09 RCW;
- Â Informing parties about courthouse facilitation programs and orientations;
- Informing parties of alternatives to filing a dissolution petition, such as marriage counseling;
- Informing parties of alternatives to litigation including counseling, legal separation, and mediation services if appropriate;
- Informing parties of supportive family services available in the community;
- Screening for referral for services in the areas of domestic violence as defined in RCW 26.50.010, child abuse, substance abuse, and mental health, and
- Assistance to the court in superior court cases filed under chapter 26.09 RCW.
- Revenue is to be distributed 100% to the Dissolution Services Account (new sub-account 62), which is to be used to fund the dissolution services in these transaction codes.
The following sections of the JRS/JIS Code Manual for Superior Courts have been updated: JRS Transaction Codes, DCXT Worksheet and Report, Chart of Accounts, and BARS Code Cross Reference by Transaction Code.
If you have any questions, contact AOC Customer Services at 1-800-442-2169, Option 2-Accounting, or submit an eService Center incident.
RN id: 2010