What cost fee codes are available for receipting payments from photo enforcement vendors?
Cost Fee Codes are available for receipting payments for speed camera and red light photo enforcement violations. Use these codes when the cases have been filed ONLY in the photo enforcement vendor's computer system and not filed in JIS.
Note: Be sure to complete the courts County Department Cross Reference (DCXT) for the BARS codes assocated with these Cost Fee Codes before use.
There are two types of payments to process in JIS when the cases are filed only in the vendor's computer system:
- Payments received from defendants by the court, perhaps after a hearing.
- The payments will be part of the court's physical bank deposit for the day.
- Payments deposited by the vendor directly into the court's bank account.
- This is usually a daily electronic transfer for payments on many cases.
- The vendor provides the court with a detailed deposit/payment advice report.
The Receipt Miscellaneous Payments (MSP) screen is used to receipt both payment types. Be sure to erase any leftover case number in the navigator line so the receipt will be "non-case related."
- For payments received from defendants by the court, use the appropriate cost fee code:
- RL1 - Red Light Photo - Defendant Pay
- ***SC1 - Speed Camera Violation - Defendant Pay (Effective 12/1/2018)
- For payments deposited by the vendor directly into the court's bank account, use the appropriate cost fee code:
- RL2 - Red Light Photo - Vendor Pay
- ***SC2 - Speed Camera Violation - Vendor Pay (Effective 12/1/2018
The receipts will be listed on the Cashier's Report for the staff person who performed the receipt. Also, the cost fee codes have unique BARS codes in the "354-Parking" series and will be listed separately on the Remittance Summary Report:
- RL1 - 354.00.41
- RL2 - 354.00.42
- ***SC1 - 354.00.43
- ***SC2 - 354.00.44
Contact AOC Customer Services, 1-800-442-2169, Option 2-Accounting, or submit an eService incident if you have questions or need assistance.
RN id: 2003