The officer wrote an incorrect violation number on the citation. Should the court correct the citation or send it back to the officer?

There is no state statute that covers this issue. However, it is policy that the court remain neutral and not assist or appear to assist either party in a case. Therefore, the court should NEVER make changes to a citation. Rather, the citation should be returned for correction to the officer who issued the citation or to your jurisdiction's prosecutor.

RN id: 1955