When a stipulated motion for a change of venue is granted on a civil case, does the court sending the civil case have to send the original filing fee along with the case or is the Plaintiff or Defendant responsible for paying the additional filing fee in the new court?

In absence of a clear statutory or case law interpretation addressing this question, the Court Services unit of the Washington State Administrative Office of the Court (AOC) recommends that your judge, together with the judge of the new court, decide how the fee should be handled.

Resources that discuss change of venue (but not directly the answer to this question), that you may wish to research for interpretation include:

RN id: 1866