Can I create a Desktop Icon shortcut to quickly access ETP, JABS, or JCS?
Yes, you can make an Icon shortcut to the Access JIS page of Inside Courts, from which to access JABS, ETP, and other JIS applications. You CANNOT create an Icon shortcut that bypasses the security login to go directly into an application. Before proceeding, print this answer using the Printer icon to the left, as this screen will need to be resized in Step 2 below. Below are detailed screen samples as a guide.
- Minimize all open windows EXCEPT this one either by clicking the Minimize box (-) in the upper right corner of the window as shown below:
OR by RIGHT clicking the window name in the Task Bar at the bottom of the screen and selecting Minimize as shown below:
- Resize THIS answer window by clicking the Restore Down box in the upper right corner of this window as shown below:
Click and drag the corner of the window down and to theÂ left far enough toÂ display some of the desktop as shown below:
- Click this link: http://inside.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=controller.showPage&folder=jis&file=accessJis to open the Access JIS page. You can make this page open from your new shortcut Icon, from which you can access either ETP or JABS (or other JIS applications); OR, you can have your shortcut Icon open directly to the application login screen. Repeat Step 2 above on the new window (if necessary), so that you can see the Desktop again. (You can navigate to the Access JIS page manually from the Judicial Info System (JIS) menu item in the left navigation bar on the Inside Courts Web site.)
NOTE: It is important that you open a new window to the Access JIS page rather than continuing to the steps below using THIS answer window. If you were to use this answer window to create your new desktop icon shortcut, the new shortcut would take you directly to THIS answer.
To make the Access JIS page your shortcut:
- In the new window you just opened, click the browser icon to the left of the URL (Address) field and drag it onto the desktop area. The cursor will show a shortcut arrow as shown below:
- When the icon is in the desktop area, drop it (release the mouse).
To make the Application Login page your shortcut:
- From the Access JIS page, click the link to open the ETP, JABS, or JCS application. When the login page appears, place your cursor anywhere inside the window below the Address field near the top of the screen. With your cursor in place, Right-Click the mouse to view a list of available options.
- Highlight the option Create Shortcut and Left-Click the mouse.
- A confirmation message appears:
- Left-Click OK or press <ENTER> to finish placing the shortcut on your desktop.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 immediately above for the second or other application, to place a shortcut Icon for that application on your desktop.
NOTE: For the JCS shortcut to work properly, you must take the following additional steps:
- Right-click on the JCS shortcut you've just created on your desktop and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Under the Web Document tab of the Properties menu, within the URL: field, select the follow text of the URL address for the shortcut: /scripts/mgrqispi94.dl.
- Delete this text and click the OK button.
- The JCS logon shortcut will now work properly for you.
If you wish to change the name of the new shortcut you have created:
- RIGHT click the icon you have just placed on the desktop, and select Rename as shown below:
- Type a new name of your choosing, as shown in this example:
- Press <ENTER > to accept the new name.
Now you can double-click the new Icon on from your Desktop to access the Access JIS page or to go directly to the JABS or ETP login page.
NOTE: The first time you use this shortcut each day, you will be prompted to sign into Inside Courts with your RACF ID and Password. For the remainder of that day, clicking the Icon Shortcut will go directly to the Access JIS page without requiring you to sign back in.
RN id: 1767