I have experienced the wrong county information appearing in ACORDS. How should I report this to AOC?
The Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) ACORDS support team is working to fix this long-standing and sporadic problem. To assist the team in its diagnosis, AOC would appreciate your assistance in performing the steps below whenever you should encounter the wrong county information problem.
- Use the eService Center to submit an Incident to AOC to report and track the problem.
- Include the following information:
- UserID being used when the problem occurred.
- Time of the transaction.
- Appellate case number, the trial case number, and the county information (both the incorrect information displayed as well as the correct information that should display).
- Attach to the Incident (bottom of the Ask an Expert screen), a full screen print of each ACORDS window that was open at the time the error occurred. For example, if your work flow was: Main Menu>Manage Case, then attach a screen prints of both the Main Menu and Manage Case windows. If your access to the Manage Case screen was via a different access path, attach a screen print of any other window(s) open during the error activity. The more information you can provide the better.
Work Around (that may work):
- The case manager needs to change the county cause # first (before changing the county):
A popup box will appear informing user that the county and county # do not match. Close that box and then change the county to the correct county.
- Unless the judge is a pro tem, the case manager will need to pick a judge from the drop down box, even though the list of judges is from the incorrect county.
Click Update and exit the case.
- Re-enter the case and the correct judge list will be displayed.
The case manager can then select the correct judge and click Update again to display the correct judge.
- If the judge is a pro tem judge, the box for his/her bar number will go blank after updating the county name.
The case manager can retype the bar number and then click Update without having to exit the case.
- If this does not work, AOC will need to make a database change. Please submit a request. Enter your request for a database change, including describing what you have already tried, in the Question Data area and click Submit to AOC.
RN id: 1656