I have experienced the wrong county information appearing in ACORDS. How should I report this to AOC?

The Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) ACORDS support team is working to fix this long-standing and sporadic problem.  To assist the team in its diagnosis, AOC would appreciate your assistance in performing the steps below whenever you should encounter the wrong county information problem. 

  1. Use the eService Center to submit an Incident to AOC to report and track the problem.
  2. Include the following information:
    • UserID being used when the problem occurred.
    • Time of the transaction.
    • Appellate case number, the trial case number, and the county information (both the incorrect information displayed as well as the correct information that should display).
  3. Attach to the Incident (bottom of the Ask an Expert screen), a full screen print of each ACORDS window that was open at the time the error occurred. For example, if your work flow was:  Main Menu>Manage Case, then attach a screen prints of both the Main Menu and Manage Case windows.  If your access to the Manage Case screen was via a different access path, attach a screen print of any other window(s) open during the error activity.  The more information you can provide the better.

Work Around (that may work):

  1. The case manager needs to change the county cause # first (before changing the county):
    A popup box will appear informing user that the county and county # do not match.  Close that box and then change the county to the correct county.
  2. Unless the judge is a pro tem, the case manager will need to pick a judge from the drop down box, even though the list of judges is from the incorrect county.
    Click Update and exit the case.
  3. Re-enter the case and the correct judge list will be displayed.
    The case manager can then select the correct judge and click Update again to display the correct judge.
  4. If the judge is a pro tem judge, the box for his/her bar number will go blank after updating the county name.
    The case manager can retype the bar number and then click Update without having to exit the case.
  5. If this does not work, AOC will need to make a database change. Please submit a request.  Enter your request for a database change, including describing what you have already tried, in the Question Data area and click Submit to AOC.

RN id: 1656