Why can't I change certain information on the Plea Sentence (PLS) screen?
There are several conditions that cause certain fields on the PLS screen to become "protected", disallowing further edits to those fields.
This is a procedure that the Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) Customer Support would prefer to walk through with you on the phone. Please call the AOC Customer Services:
- Toll-free: (800) 442-2169, Option 3 (JIS Case Management).
Information on the PLS screen, including functions that are both controlled by and make updates to the PLS screen, are referenced in the following topics of the Online Manual:
- Restrictions to Updating Plea/Sentence Information.
- Add, Amend, or Delete Charges.
- Record or Update Charge Information.
- Activities Restricting Case Filing Update.
- Finding and Judgment Processing.
- Process Control Number Maintenance.
- FTA Processes (Courts of Limited Jurisdiction).
- General Information (about Process Protection-Type Orders (CLJ).
- Courts of Limited Jurisdiction (under Sexual Assault Protection Order Act of 2006).
- Case Review Report (Courts of Limited Jurisdiction).
- Notice of Case Setting Field Names and Sources (under Notice of Case Setting).
- Amend or Dismiss a Violation (under Parking Case Maintenance).
For additional links, type PLS in the Search box on the JIS Online Manual page of the Inside Courts Web site.
RN id: 1636