Is there a way to find a person's military status?

The following link to the (SCRA) Servicemembers Civil Relief Act page of the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Web site may assist in determining the military status and branch of service for a person. To submit an inquiry, the following information is required for the person:

  • Full name (last, first, and middle).
  • Social security number.
  • Birth year and month.

If the person is on active duty, the information returned includes:

  • Name.
  • Begin date.
  • Active duty status.
  • Branch of military.

If the person is in inactive status, a message to that affect is returned.

Resources for further inquires are located on the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act (ACRA) Certificates page of the United State Department of Defense Web site.

RN id: 1596