Are we required to transfer an ICAOS offender who has satisfied all conditions of supervision?
The ability for an offender to transfer to another state is considered a privilege and not an absolute right. Therefore, the Washington State Department of Corrections (DOC) and individual supervising officers have discretion in processing requests for transfer.
For detailed information about the ICAOS program, there are three Web sites (below) to assist you as well as an attached document listing contact information.
- The Washington State Interstate Compact for Adult Offenders under Supervision (ICAOS) Website, a link to which is located on the Organizations/Other Washington Organizations page of the Inside Courts Website. This site includes the following information:
- Advisory Opinions
- Bench Book for Judges & Court Personnel
- On-line Forms
- The national Interstate Compact for Adult Offenders under Supervision (ICAOS) Web site, a link to which is located on the Organizations/National page of the Inside Courts Website.
- Answer: Handling ICAOS Cases Being Supervised Out of State
- The Washington State Department of Corrections (DOC) Web site: (http://www.doc.wa.gov)
- Answer: Finding Information About the Interstate Compact on Adult Offender Supervision (ICAOS)
RN id: 1284