Does an ICAOS offender have the right to transfer to another state?

The ability for an offender to transfer to another state is considered a privilege and not an absolute right.  Therefore, the Washington State Department of Corrections (DOC) and individual supervising officers have discretion in processing requests for transfer.

For detailed information about the ICAOS program, there are three Websites (below) to assist you as well as an attached document listing contact information.

See also:

RN id: 1283