How do I process a partial payment in JRS?

Sometimes a judge waives part of a fixed filing fee and the county clerk's office needs to receipt a partial payment.

In the superior court Judicial Receipting System (JRS), a partial payment can be receipted using the Non-Payment payment method.

Please refer to the JIS Online Manual/Financial Processing/Receipting/About JRS (Judicial Receipting System)/Receipt a Payment/Several Payment Methods.  The instructions use a combination of cash and check as an example, but this technique can also be used to receipt a fixed fee with a combination of cash plus the Non-Payment method or check plus the Non-Payment method.

RN id: 1204