How do I amend a divorce decree?

The Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is responsible for providing administrative support to courts throughout the state of Washington, including support for the Washington Courts Web site (  The AOC staff are not allowed to provide legal advice; however, following are some resources you may find helpful.

  • Courthouse Facilitator in your county:  See the Courthouse Facilitators page of the Washington Courts Web site.
  • If your county does not have a facilitator, see the Superior Court Directory to contact your county's superior court directly.
  • The List of all Forms page of the Washington Courts Web site contains many, but not all forms used by the courts. The superior court you contact may have the form(s) you need. 
  • The Court Forms/Court Forms: Dissolution (Divorce) page of the Washington Courts Web site contains specific dissolution-related forms as well as many links to other resources.
  • The Family Law page of the Washington LawHelp Web site provided by the Northwest Justice Project.

To obtain legal advice you should hire an attorney.  If you need financial assistance for legal services, the Coordinated Legal Education Advice and Referral service (CLEAR) sponsored by the Northwest Justice Project may be able to assist you.  Their toll-free phone number is (888) 201-1014.

RN id: 1197