What happens to an open juvenile case that has been referred but no action has been taken by the prosecutor so there is no SCOMIS number at the time of conversion to the Juvenile and Correction System (JCS)?

If the prosecutor has not made the filing decision once conversion occurs, you should provide the new JCS referral number to the prosecutor's office to be added to the information filing document for the clerk's information. The clerk will then make the SCOMIS/referral number link upon filing the case.

Active coordination is needed between the juvenile department, the county prosecutor, and the county clerk for sharing the referral number, especially during the initial transition period when you first begin using JCS.

RN id: 1147