How do I find out if there are any lawsuits (resolved or pending) against a particular company?
You can use Case Search Options on the Search Case Records page of the Washington State Courts Web site. Below are the steps to follow to access the Business Name Search function:
- The Disclaimer will display, click Accept and Continue.
- Click the Case Search Options option.
- Use the dropdown menu for the desired court level (Municipal and District Court Cases, Superior Court Cases, or Appellate Cases).
Note: Appellate Cases includes cases heard by the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Use the dropdown menu for Select Search Type; three separate sections of the search screen provide the ability to perform a:
- Search by Name.
- Search by Case Number .
- Search by Business Name .
- When selecting the Select Search Type new fields display to select the desired Court Name, Case Type, and Year Filed In/After. Complete all remaining fields. Check the box, "I'm not a robot" CAPTCHA , and click Search.
In addition, many courts have a public-access computer that you can use to search for records. See the Court Directory for locations and contact information for courts in Washington State.
RN id: 996