Where can I find guidelines on data dissemination and court records?
The Court Resources/Court Records page of the Inside Courts Web site includes a link to Guidelines for the Courts on Public Access to the Courts (under the Guidelines heading).
On the same Court Record Web page, under the JIS Data Dissemination heading, are links to the Data Dissemination Manual, Data Dissemination Policy, and other Data Dissemination information.
- Courts of limited jurisdiction: Attached at the bottom of this answer is the document "Data Dissemination Quick Reference for CLJs." This attachment lists various documents and indicates the confidentiality of each.
- Superior courts: Refer to the County Clerk's Handbook, Section 14. Record-keeping generally, Destruction, sealing, and redaction of court records.
- Answer ID: Determine if court records are public or private. *
- Answer ID: Guiding court staff in requests for public disclosure or data dissemination.
- Answer ID: GR 31 - Public access to court records. *
* These answers are also available to the public from the eService Center on the Washington Courts Web site (http://www.courts.wa.gov).
RN id: 866