How do I get the name of a new appellate judge to appear in the ACORDS drop-down list for judge assignments on an oral argument calendar?
A new appellate judge must be added as a Court Official in ACORDS. Only someone with ACORDS "administrator" security can add a judge and only judges with RACF IDs can be added as Court Officials in ACORDS.
Two steps accomplish the addition of a judge in ACORDS:
- Request a RACF ID for the judge for your appellate court. (Note: If the judge has a RACF ID from a court other than your appellate court, do not use it.)
- Add the judge as a Court Official in ACORDS. Refer to the Add a New Court Official Help page located ACORDS Help, as follows:
- Click to select Court Official Maintenance from the Administration menu. The Court Official Maintenance screen opens.
- Click the Add Official button. The fields in the lower part of the screen become active (turn white).
- Complete the name fields by typing in the names.
Click the down arrow in the Begin Date field, click to select a date from the pop-up calendar that appears, and then click OK.
- Complete the address fields by typing in the work addresses, as appropriate. Note: Work addresses are optional fields. Use the fields to record locations other than the local court building (e.g., a remote annex building).
- Complete the Phone Numbers and Email Address fields, as appropriate, by typing the information in the fields.
- Click the down arrow in the Official Type field and click to select a type from the drop-down box that appears. Do the same for the Official Sub Type field, if appropriate.
- Click the down arrow in the Users Local Court field and click to select a court from the drop-down box that appears.
- Click the Update button.
RN id: 825