How do I process an order to vacate a conviction in SCOMIS for a case that predated SCOMIS entry?
If an order to vacate a conviction pursuant to RCW 9.94A.640 (formerly RCW 9.94A.230) is issued for a case that is not in SCOMIS, perform the following steps:
- File the case in SCOMIS using the Non-SCOMIS case number and the case's original filing date. See the online SCOMIS Manual, Pre-SCOMIS Case topic, for complete instructions.
- On the Charge screen for this case:
- Record a Result Code of V (vacated) for each charge listed in the Order to Vacate.
- If there are no remaining guilty counts for the defendant, record a Defendant Resolution Code of VOC (Vacation of Conviction) and the date of the Order to Vacate.
- If there are remaining guilty counts in the original case that were not listed in the Order to Vacate, record each of those charges with a Result Code of G (guilty).
- On the Basic screen record the case resolution:
- If there are no remaining guilty counts, record the Resolution Code STCL (Statistical Completion) and the date of the original case resolution.
- If there are remaining guilty counts, record the original case Resolution Code and date.
RN id: 736