What can I do to reduce the returned mail from LFO Billing?

  1. Review LFO Billing statements returned by the US Postal Service and correct obligor addresses as appropriate. If the Post Office reports the new address on returned mail, update the obligor's mailing address as soon as possible.

  2. If the new address is unknown, a "bad address" status code should be entered on the Address History (ADH) screen for the defendant's true name. When a "bad address" code is entered, LFO Billing is suspended until the address is fixed or the status code removed.

    See the JIS Online Manual for information about the Address History (ADH) screen.

  3. The Washington State Department of Corrections (DOC) may have a more recent address for the obligor than the JIS, especially if the DOC recently ended supervision of the case. Check the Offender Management Network Information (OMNI) system for the DOC address and update the JIS address as necessary. If OMNI is not available on your TPX menu, use eService Center to contact the Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) Customer Services. Select Topic 2. Accounting, enter your request in the Question Data area, and click Submit.

  4. Use the Related Address/Phone Change (RAPC) screen to keep the true name and AKA addresses synchronized. For more information on the RAPC screen, see the JIS Online Manual, Maintaining Addresses For Related Persons (RAPC) screen.

Remember: Addresses are statewide data. Changes to the address record affect other courts.

RN id: 328