How do I correct a charge amendment to the wrong RCW?

For Superior Courts:

On the SCOMIS Charge screen for the case, erase the incorrect charge or modifier in the Amended Information set of charges.  Then insert the correct RCW.

For Courts of Limited Jurisdiction:

Amending a charge moves certain data from the original charge to the new charge and may affect the balances on the accounts receivable (CAR) screen.  Amending may also result in a change in the overall case type.  Therefore, when a charge is amended in error, the undo process is somewhat complicated.  The process can be even more complex depending on how much other case activity has occurred before the error is noted.  Refer to the JIS Online Manual, Add/Amend/Delete Charges topic, for information about the effect of amending a charge.

For questions any time, please use eService Center to contact AOC Customer Services.  Select Topic 3. Case Management. Enter your question or request in the Question Data area and click Submit to AOC. Or, call AOC Customer Services during regular business hours (800) 442-2169, Option 3. 

RN id: 300