Sometimes we want to add the trial court judge as a participant for an appellate case. The Help explains how to derive the judge ID number for ACORDS; however, if a judge is retired, the ID number will not bring up the judge's name. How can a retired judge be added to an appellate case?

When adding the Trial Court Judge as a participant, back-date the participant to the date of the trial court case resolution. This is the same date that is entered on the Initiate Case screen in the Judgment Date field.

RN id: 193