How can our court recover funds from a bail bond company that refuses to pay?

The Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) can take action against a bail bond agency license for failure to satisfy a judgment.  In order to begin this process, the court needs to file a complaint against the bail bond agency with DOL.  The procedures that must be followed in filing such a complaint with DOL are listed in the attachment at the bottom of this answer.

You may verify the current status of businesses in various professions, including bail bond agencies, from the Licensing Internet Query page of the DOL Web site.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact DOL by one of the following methods:

 (360) 664-6624
 (360) 570-7888
 Mail:Department of Licensing
Bail Bonds Agents
PO Box 9649
Olympia WA 99999-9999

RN id: 99