Where can I find information about unlawful detainer?


Chapter 59.18 RCW (The Residential Landlord-Tenant Act) addresses the duties, obligations, and responsibilities in residential landlord-tenant situations.  There are also self-help legal resources at www.washingtonlawhelp.org.  These resources include information on landlord-tenant issues, including evictions.


Depending on the applicant’s economic resources and other factors, a person may also receive legal advice on unlawful detainers from the Northwest Justice Project -  http://www.nwjustice.org/.


The Northwest Justice Project has toll-free phone numbers for people who may be eligible for their free legal services for low-income people in non-criminal matters:


CLEAR (Coordinated Legal Education, Advice and Referral System)
1-888-201-9737 TDD (for hearing impaired).
 1-888-387-7111 (for people age 60 and over).


See also:

Answer ID 1003: Legal Services for low-income families.

Answer ID 795: Legal questions.


If this did not answer your question or if you have a suggestion, please E-Mail Washington Courts.  You will receive a response by e-mail.


RN ID 1837   |    Published 07/30/2007 04:15 PM   |    Updated 10/20/2009 11:52 AM