My credit report lists a Washington State tax lien.  Who do I contact for information about it?


Tax liens in Washington State are filed in superior courts.  If you want to confirm that a tax lien exists or review the legal documents, you may contact the superior court where the lien was filed.


Contact information for all courts in Washington State is located on the Washington Courts Web site Court Directory page.


For information about the taxes that are owed, contact the governmental agency that collects this particular tax, which is often the State Department of Revenue or the County Treasurer; the court file would have more information about this.


If this did not answer your question or if you have a suggestion, please E-Mail Washington Courts.  You will receive a response by e-mail.


RN ID 1067   |    Published 12/29/2004 01:27 PM   |    Updated 01/22/2015 08:52 AM