Can I sue a corporation in small claims court?


A corporation or other business in Washington State may be sued in small claims court if the amount of the suit is $5,000 or less.  Suit may be brought in any county in which the corporation or business has an office or does business.  The corporation or business can also be sued in the county in which the corporation's registered agent resides.


See also the following links on the Washington Courts Web site:


If this did not answer your question or if you have a suggestion, please E-Mail Washington Courts.  You will receive a response by e-mail.


RN ID 374   |    Published 03/08/2004 02:36 PM   |    Updated 12/01/2016 07:42 AM