How do I become a Certified Professional Guardian (CPG)?
Complete Information about the Certified Professional Guardian (CPG) Program in Washington State is available on the Certified Professional Guardian Program page of the Washington State Courts Web site. It is a very informative site and answers questions relative to CPGs, including links to:
- Online Applications (for individuals or agencies). See also the "How does a person become a Certified Professional Guardian" instructional steps.
- Maintain Certification (Education credits, renew certification, update account).
- Certified Professional Guardian Board.
- A search tool for locating a certified professional guardian in Washington State by county, guardian type, or name.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
A CPG is certified by the Washington State Supreme Court. Once a CPG qualifies, the Supreme Court issues a certificate. The Court Directory for all counties in the state is available on the Washington State Courts Web site.
- What is the difference between a GAL and a CPG?
- Questions and Answers on Guardianship from WashingtonLawHelp.org
- University of Washington Professional & Continuing Education Program - Certificate in Guardianship
RN ID: 151